Re: still pppd problems

Can't remember whether or not I CC'ed this to the list.

=== BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE ===

From: "Gareth Davis" <gareth.davis%kcl.ac.uk@localhost>
Date: 18 Feb 100 12:47:31 +0000
Subject: Re: still pppd problems
To: stanley%prof.wip.pw.edu.pl@localhost

> Hello!
>
> Again with the same problem: pppd not working... As I saw in mails, not

[snip]

Something has just occured to me. I remember having similar problems
when trying to get a PPP connection going through a Nokia 9000i
because it didn't support the carrier detect line.

You might want to check that the CD line is being raised by the modem
(although if it works in other configurations it probably is) or as a
last resort remove the option MODEM from your pppd options file and
replace it with LOCAL - this will stop pppd from looking for the modem
CD line.

Hope this helps.

Gareth Davis
gareth.davis%kcl.ac.uk@localhost
Department of Computer Science                        King's College London
Tel: (07971) 596162                                     Fax: (07970) 602385