Subject: Re: Trouble installing 1.4.1
To: <>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/18/2000 21:56:15
On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 07:10:09PM -0500, Fred Heitkamp wrote:

> > Would not having a MMU cause the kernel to die before showing any
> > info on screen when starting up? I think my problem must be something
>
> I would think that the kernel would not work at all, since it needs
> the MMU to perform  memory accesses.

Right.

On NetBSD/Amiga, the kernel messages (starting with the famous

NetBSD 1.4P (ISDN17) #4: Sun Jan 16 22:28:14 MET 2000
    is@jocelyn:/build2/i4b/ISDN17
DraCo rev.4 (68060 rev.1 CPU/MMU/FPU)
total memory = 65536 KB
avail memory = 58888 KB

are printed after the initial MMU setup and the pre/round of autoconfig
information (including console device selection) have succeeded.

You can guess how much joy it was to get the DraCo to boot that far, without
real debugging output...