RE: Trouble installing 1.4.1

> I only have two comments based on my experience with Linux when
> I had an A2000, and a GForce 040.  First 8 MB ram is really not
> enough to run anything but text consoles.  Second, does your
> GForce have full  '040 or '030 chip?  Mine had a 68030EC that
> did not have an MMU.  To run Linux I had to get a 68030 from
> a surplus electronics store.  Also I had to get a 68882 FPU
> chip as well, but that may only be required for Linux.  If your
> board has a 68040 it probably has a working FPU, but possibly
> not a working MMU.
>
> Fred

Would not having a MMU cause the kernel to die before showing any
info on screen when starting up? I think my problem must be something
fairly fundamental as I have tried netBSD 1.4.1, a debian linux
kernel and 3 different redhat 5.1 kernels (with amiboot) and every
single one dies before any sort of display comes up (even without
the Picasso board plugged in). I will rip the GVP out and check
the CPU on the weekend. I am beginning to suspect you may be right...
Bummer! :-(

Paul.