Re: A2000 hardware...

>>> [X-Surf]
>>> if this support is reliable, and if either the 1.4P or
>>> 1.4.2alpha snapshots include the support?  It would make my
> 1.4.2 will support the X-surf, and we support the AriadneII since
> the first day it was sold. I err, think, that the 2nd 1.4.2_ALPHA
> snapshot did so already, but am not sure. I can, however, upload
> a third one tomorrow.
>
> I'm not sure the 1.4P snapshot I did had Xsurf already. (You can test this
> cheaply, by fetching only the kernel, un-gzipping it and pointing loadbsd 2.13
> or 2.14 at it. X-surf and Ariadne II both show up as "ne" interfaces.)
>
> However, I plan to do a 1.4Q[DEL]R[DEL]S soon, which will definitely have it.

That's fantastic :-).  All I need to do now is to bring the old Miggy up,
dust it off & clean its contacts & it should be usable again.  Hurrah!
Now, does anyone have a port of NetBSD for the PET 8096 lying in
the garage... <grin>.

>>> (Alternatively, does anyone know how hard it is to set up
>>> a cross-compile environment to build the Amiga (kernel)
>>> on an i386-current system?)
> Does partially work, at least for 68030 targets (I guess NOT for 68040 or
> 68060); Aymeric Vincent has done this.

That'll give me something to play with until I can persuade someone
to drive the Amiga up to London for me :-).

(Incidentally, as a side question (feel free to ignore,) I can't recall
 how large the HD is in my miggy, but I suspect it isn't exactly
 boundless...  will any SCSI drive work with the A2091 (i.e. do all the
 fancy SCSI-2 and wide-SCSI and all that wotnot drives still work with
 ancient controllers?)

Thanks a lot for everyone's help,
Tim.

--