Subject: few, fast questions.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ciro Scognamiglio <moray@nemo.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/09/2000 19:24:30
hallo,

I have a couple of comments to share with you on NetBSD 1.4.1:

1- rpm 3.0.3 won't build. I got a compiler time error...
I will report the error as soon as I have some spare time to dedicate
to netbsd...
I'm going to recompile some packages from RedHat 6.1 (it worked
with Linux, it should with netbsd too ;))

2- I have modified the rc.local and put YES to the virtual console
option (IIRC it's the last one) but as soon as NBSD boots up I get several
errors first on tty's not configured (how do I do it) then on virtual
console devices not configured...any advice?

3- I have tried building abiword with no success...anyone knows a good
and fast word processor to use with netbsd? (am I asking too much?)

4- Same thing with a web browser, I have somewhere the sources of amaya,
I will try to recompile it even though someone said it's not so good...

5- What is the base directory where to install additional packages???
is /usr/X11R6 just right?

6- Why there is no autoconf?

7- Why there is no bash? (well, actually I found one compiled for netbsd
1.2)

Regards,

 Ciro.