Subject: Re: !
To: None <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
From: None <eric.delcamp@legrand.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/09/2000 16:49:38
Hi !

(Sorry, I could not quote your message, because I read my mail with Outlook, and
send it via Lotus Notes. And Outlook don't want to send messages with Notes !)

Ariadne II is supported under NetBSD. No worries.

> (Alternatively, does anyone know how hard it is to set up
>  a cross-compile environment to build the Amiga (kernel)
>  on an i386-current system?)

Uh oh, I think I have a solution (not tried by me, need to wait a week). It
comes from Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>:

> > But, how do I set things up to use the cross-compile executables?
>
> I'm using the following make script for news68k.
> (based on ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/bebox/tools/ppc-make)
>
> ---
> #! /bin/sh
> DESTDIR=/export/NetBSD/news68k/root export DESTDIR
> MACHINE=news68k export MACHINE
> MACHINE_ARCH=m68k export MACHINE_ARCH
> WHICH=m68k-netbsd
>
> LOCAL=/usr/pkg
> BINDIR=$LOCAL/cross/bin
> PATH=$BINDIR:$LOCAL/cross/$WHICH/bin:$PATH:$LOCAL/cross/bin:$PATH export
PATH

> GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=$WHICH
>
> AR=$BINDIR/$WHICH-ar export AR
> AS=$BINDIR/$WHICH-as export AS
> CC=$BINDIR/$WHICH-gcc export CC
> CPP=`$CC -print-prog-name=cpp` export CPP
> CXX=$BINDIR/$WHICH-c++ export CXX
> FC=$BINDIR/$WHICH-f77 export FC
> LD=$BINDIR/$WHICH-ld export LD
> NM=$BINDIR/$WHICH-nm export NM
> RANLIB=$BINDIR/$WHICH-ranlib export RANLIB
> SIZE=$BINDIR/$WHICH-size export SIZE
> ADDR2LINE=$BINDIR/$WHICH-addr2line export ADDR2LINE
> GASP=$BINDIR/$WHICH-gasp export GASP
> OBJCOPY=$BINDIR/$WHICH-objcopy export OBJCOPY
> OBJDUMP=$BINDIR/$WHICH-objdump export OBJDUMP
> STRINGS=$BINDIR/$WHICH-strings export STRINGS
> STRIP=$BINDIR/$WHICH-strip export STRIP
>
> HOSTED_CC=cc export HOSTED_CC
>
> MKSHARE=no
> MKMAN=no
> MKINFO=no
>
> MAKE=make export MAKE
>
> set -x
> exec $MAKE "$@"
> ---
> Izumi Tsutsui
> tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp

L'integrite de ce message n'etant pas assuree sur Internet, la societe
ne peut etre tenue responsable de son contenu.
Si vous n'etes pas destinataire de ce message, merci de le detruire et
d'avertir l'expediteur.

The integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet.
The society cannot therefore be considered responsible for the contents.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, then please delete
it and notify the sender.