Subject: !
To: None <fheitka@attglobal.net>
From: Tim Walls <tim.walls@pa.press.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/09/2000 14:37:17
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2000, [iso-8859-1] Tim Walls wrote:
>> Now, if it's going to stand any chance of resurrection and
>> serving a useful purpose, it's going to need a few things done
>> to it; specifically...
>>
> You should be able to find all you need. It may just cost
> more than you want to spend. :(

Nothing's changed since I last used my miggy, then...

> I know there is a keyboard hardware hack to connect a PC
> keyboard.  You may even check www.softhut.com for a
> commercial item.

Ahh - these guys look like they might well be able to
help out; what is their reputation like?  (ie. do they
deliver what you ask for, and will they actually tell you
if something is out of stock/unavailable?  Normal practice
in Amigaland used to be to take your money then just bugger
off.)

They (apparently) stock the "X-Surf" ethernet card, which is
seemingly supported by NetBSD-current.  Does anyone know
if this support is reliable, and if either the 1.4P or
1.4.2alpha snapshots include the support?  It would make my
life a whole lot easier if I could net-install NetBSD!

(Alternatively, does anyone know how hard it is to set up
 a cross-compile environment to build the Amiga (kernel)
 on an i386-current system?)

> Fred

Thanks a lot for your help!
Tim.

(PS. apologies for my first mail having a knackered reply-to
 address, I'd forgotten to change it on that account :-).

--
Tim Walls