Subject: Re: V1.4.1 Compile Problem
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Dennis Langenfeld <dennisl@pcisys.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/05/2000 12:21:19
I no longer have those files.  I got a successful compile after getting t=
he source files from the -released sources and creating a custom config f=
ile from AMIGA instead of GENERIC.

BTW, also ran into a problem trying to install the kde package from the N=
etBSD Amiga CDROM that I bought through the link provided on the NetBSD s=
ite.  It will not install directly from the CD, e.g., 'pkg_add ked-1.1.1.=
tgz' because it cannot find the dependent packages on the CD. Had to manu=
ally hunt down and install the dependent packages first. According to the=
 Packages.txt document, Section 1.1 Where To Get, all the packages are in=
 the All directory under /pub/NetBSD/packages/<machine> and the CDROM is =
supposed to have the same directory structure.  Not so.  By following the=
 directions in the How To with the CD it got stuck in a loop saying depen=
dent packages not installed and unable to load the kde packages and repea=
ting the process with the kde packages identified in the kde-1.1.1.tgz in=
stall package.  FYI, don't expect you to do anything about it.

On 03-Feb-00, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 09:40:56AM -0700, Dennis Langenfeld wrote:
> =

> > Coincidently, just prior to including zbusvar.h in clock.c is :
> > #include <amiga/dev/rtc.h>      <--- file patched for Y2K.
> > #include <amiga/dev/zbusvar.h>
> > =

> > I have been able to successfully compile and run a GENERIC after appl=
ying
> > the Y2K file patches.  I then edited the GENERIC config file (see
> > attached).  BTW, why weren't the Y2K updated rtc.h, a2kbbc.c, and a3k=
bbc.c
> > files (e.g., in a .tgz) posted on the NetBSD site instead of a diff f=
ile?
 =

I just tried that. That is, downgraded my 1.4.x release work directory fo=
sys/arch/amiga/dev to 1-4-patch001, applied the patch, configured your
config-file, cd-d to the A4k directory and "make clock.o". Worked fine.
I even booted 1.4.2_ALPHA to do that. (No, this really shouldn't make
any difference; afaik, the compiler is unchanged).

I guess something went wrong when you patched... can you show us your =

clock.c and rtc.h please?