Subject: NetBSD-1.4.1 and FPU emulation
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/05/2000 19:12:13
Hello,

somebody complained last... err... autumn?, that his FPUless 68030 machine
gets all sorts of SIGILL when executing FPU programs.

So, as nobody else tested 1.4.2_ALPHA in such an environment, I reworked
my A3000 for a test, and found that it is broken both for 1.4.2_ALPHA and
1.4.1.

It works, however, with the old code in 1.4.0 (before the changes from PR 7220
went in).

My question is: does 1.4.1 work for ANY fpuless Amiga? As 1.4.2 will be
frozen very soon, I need to know what to demand from the release engineer;
I guess I won't be able to debug all the FPU emulation in one or two half
evenings.