Re: Can someone send me a 1.4.1 kernel thats working on a 68060 ?

Napisane 03-Lut-00 przez: Ignatios Souvatzis...

[...]

>actually, what your story reminds me of is an Apollo3060 user who ahd
>lots of problems, found that he couldmake his machine work by patchin
>NetBSD into disabling the cache, and finally --- years later---
>figured that something about his hardware was flaky.

>Somebody mentioned later that _his_ board works fine with standard NetBSD,
>so I guess it is not "all Apollos dont work".

Actually these are the most flaky CPU boards ever created for the Amiga. Both
A1200 and A4000. Starting from old, overclocked (or restricted version) CPUs
sold as full value 68040/40s, going through bad soldering points up to faulty
boards losing layer-to-layer connections and other such extras like unreliable
RAM controllers and many more. Not a surprise that no company signed its
reliable name under this creation. Actually not many people even know by whom
and where those boards were produced. And please don't flame me saying that
_YOUR_ Apollo runs perfect for xxx time! It is quite possible. But running a
CBM hardware repairs workshop for 15 years I never saw another Amiga CPU board
product of such poor reliability. Even the boards from the same shipment may
work (or fail to work) in really different manners. It is just to make you
aware that it _may_ be not really a NetBSD problem here.

--
      / /
     / /