Re: Can someone send me a 1.4.1 kernel thats working on a 68060 ?

Hello all

Thanks everyone who replied on my problem. Yesterday my Unix compendium CD
arrived and I tried to
install Linux from it. It gave me more or less the same weird error as NetBSD
so I decided to open up
my A4k.

I removed 2 * 8MB SIMMS so it just had 2 * 32MB SIMMS, and voila !
I now have a working NetBSD 1.4.1 system !

It seems that somehow the Apollo 4060 acts weird if you put in SIMMS < 32MB
since it seems to
allocate the 32MB address space even if it holds smaller SIMMS.

Now my next quest is to get a working X11 installation. But that's something
I can figure out
reading the INSTALL.X11 and digging in my memory from the last time I had
NetBSD running.

Thanks again for all your help. I appreciate it.

John Vrolijk