Subject: Re: Can someone send me a 1.4.1 kernel thats working on a 68060 ?
To: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@dsnstar.dsn.ericsson.se>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/04/2000 00:41:24
On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 08:10:47AM +0100, John Vrolijk wrote:
> Hello
>
> Thanks for the advise.
> I tried all sorts of things yesterday, but none of them seem to work for me
> :^(
>
> I've tried both gobsd and loadbsd-2.14
>
> -n0: 		no luck
> -n0 -m32768 	no luck
> -n0 -m16384	no luck
>
> It detects all my hardware, asks me for the root device etc, but when I type
> sd0b (which is were
> I transferred the miniroot), I get a panic and it stops.
> I keep on getting MMU Faults and messages that look like this:
>
> Data modified on freelist word 0 of object 0x428400 size 488 previous type UVM
> amap 0xdeadbeep != 0xdeadbeef
>
> Is there some way I can get the message on screen transferred without having
> to write everything
> down ?
>
> What should I do next ? Unplug some memory ?

maybe.
or unplug the PicassoIV.

Hm. The way to go around the big machine syndrome was to:

binpatch -s _Sysptsize /netbsd
binpatch -s _Sysptsize=6 /netbsd

(or some other small number bigger than the initial 4.)

Yes, there is a version of binpatch for AMigaOS.

	---

actually, what your story reminds me of is an Apollo3060 user who ahd
lots of problems, found that he couldmake his machine work by patchin
NetBSD into disabling the cache, and finally --- years later---
figured that something about his hardware was flaky.

Somebody mentioned later that _his_ board works fine with standard NetBSD,
so I guess it is not "all Apollos dont work".

Regards
	-is