extreamly strange failure

        Upon getting home last night and trying to use my NetBSD1.32 system I
was very unhappy to see the screen just black. Rebooting did not do anything,
turning off computer did not do anything. I have a gfx card so I'm speaking of
the grf3 device that remains black. Looking at the other dispplay I get the
same message as always about loading the kernel but once that screen has passed
the kernel boot process never starts, the monitor sees no signal coming from
the graphics card. So i booted myself into AmigaOS and tried loading netbsd
manually (loadbsd) and it did work though i only got 4MB of mem so it took a
long time. I looked at my logs and found only one strange entry! (and this was
easily attributed to me booting netbsd manually: savecore: can't find device
11/105
What does this error mean? The very strange part is that i decided to turn off
the computer overnight and when i tured it on this morning it worked fine as
always. Now i'm quite afraid to install NetBSD1.4.1 as i had decided!!

To put this failure is context here are the things that my comput does strangly:

Under AmigaOS I always get a Software Failure when I turn on the computer.
Works fine after a few reboots (this does not happen under netbsd)

When installing NetBSD1.3.2 the first time the install script would crash when
trying to extract the sets as well as when trying to make the devices. I got
around this problem by cutting up to script and doing those operations maunally
(which did work) Is the install script the same in 1.4.1? I would not be
looking forward to going through all that again during installation (should be
fine becuase its upgrading from 1.3.2 to 1.4.1 right?)

A3000, 16MB RAM, 2.1GB HD, Netbsd 1.3.2, Custom Kernel, EGS Spectrum, WB2.1 ROMS

Thanks for your time
Ben Bogart