Subject: Re: new disk for A3000..
To: Port Amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.org>
From: Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/14/1999 17:26:51
Napisane 14-Gru-99 przez: H=E5kan Th=F6rngren...

He, it seems that I am unusually active on this list recently... ;-)

>Hi!

[...]

>I am thinking about getting a new disk for it, a 9G would be nice, but =

>how can I format and partition it?  Does the old Amiga HDToolBox
>support disks larger than 4G?  I have some pre AmigaDOS 2 kickstart in
>my machine. =

I partitioned and am currently using an 8G drive for AmigaOS and NetBSD.
AmigaOS uses space below the 4G limit except the NetBSD's root parition t=
hat
occupy the last sectors within the 4G limit. Everything above is being us=
ed
by NetBSD. And yes, I did it using the "old" hdfoolbox of OS3.1. You prob=
ably
can do the same even if you need to e.g. map a 3.1 kick.rom image in orde=
r to
use the 3.1 tools. You just have to ignore some weird numbers you will ge=
about the drive's or partition's sizes (you may have them negative for
example) in hdtoolbox's point of view...

-- =

      / /
     / /
    / /  silverdr@wfmh.org.pl