Re: XXBSD

Napisane 11-Gru-99 przez: Ciro Scognamiglio...
>Hallo,

>I have recently discovered on an old cu amiga cd OpenBSD...(2.1)
>After a quick look I noticed something very interesting about this BSD.
>Hardware support is a bit larger on the ISA cards side.
>I have seen thet the GoldenGate is supported and a lot of ISA cards
>(mutliserial,

[...]

>Well, my question was, why NetBSD doesn't have support for the GG card?

Perhaps because nobody has written/ported it? ;-)

>I believe GG would be useful expecially for having a cheap and (maybe)
>100MBit ethernet

I am not sure if there are any ISA based 100Mb cards? Are there?

>BTW I don't have a GG card, is it still available somwhere or it is a
>"phantom" card? ;-)

I have contacted the author not that long ago. He said (written) that he still
can sell the boards although he doesn't take this business too seriously due
to the minimal sales.

I contacted him because I was asking about the NetBSD support ;-)

--
      / /
     / /