Subject: XXBSD
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ciro Scognamiglio <moray@nemo.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/11/1999 14:27:43
Hallo,

I have recently discovered on an old cu amiga cd OpenBSD...(2.1)
After a quick look I noticed something very interesting about this BSD.
Hardware support is a bit larger on the ISA cards side.
I have seen thet the GoldenGate is supported and a lot of ISA cards
(mutliserial,
ethernet and so on) are supported through the GG...But there is no support
for the PicassoIV :(

Well, my question was, why NetBSD doesn't have support for the GG card?
I believe GG would be useful expecially for having a cheap and (maybe)
100MBit ethernet
card on the amiga (Under AmigaOS there is a driver for some 3com cards also
for Miami).

BTW I don't have a GG card, is it still available somwhere or it is a
"phantom" card? ;-)

Regards,

Ciro.