Some Q's (fwd)

Hakuna Matata,

*** Begin of forwarded message ***

Date: 20-Nov-99 01:30:49
From: Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <mekanix%worldonline.dk@localhost>
Subject: Some Q's

--- Forwarded message follows ---

Hi, got some newbie Qs

1) How do I gain WRITE acces to AmigaDOS partitions? Every time I try (eg.
'mount -t ados -w /dev/sd0f /mnt/dwl' or 'mount_ados -m 755 /dev/sd0f
/mnt/dwl'I get a:

mount_ados:mount: Read Only file system4

Read access goes just fine.

2) Someone asked me to do a

X :7 -bpp 16 -probeonly >& x.log

But that seems to be a linux/XFree command. Aside that the display# is :0
is there anyway to 'convert' the above to something BSD can understand?

3) Virtual consoles, how do I go about that? Can't seem to find any info on
that.

4) When ending a X-session returns to the console, but an 'unclean' one.
The prompt pops up on the top in the middle of all the garble garble.

Bjarne
--
WWW: http://mmf.ruc.dk/~bwp/  fidonet: 2:236/516.16
*** End of forwarded message ***