Subject: Re: Virtual memory exhausted...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/20/1999 18:35:29
On 20.11.99, 15:07:24, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> Now this is a first.
>
> I'm trying to compile kde-libs and the system chokes with the error:
>
> Virtual memory exhausted
>
> How's that possible? Sure I've only got 16 MB RAM but a 128 MB swap. This
> didn't stop me when compiling under Linux.
>
> So what do I do now?

Are you sure the swap partition is actually active? the command
"pstat -s" will show you the active swap partitions.

You need to have a line like this in /etc/fstab:

/dev/wd0b       none    swap    sw      0 0

Unlike earlier versions the kernel no longer has a default swap
partition, and _all_ swap partitions should appear in /etc/fstab.

Unless you deliberately set "no_swap" to YES in /etc/rc.conf, you
should get a warning at boot time about no defined swap partitions.

--
Bernd Sieker

Unix, the solution to the W2k problem.