Subject: Re: Installation problem
To: Ola Eriksson <email@dreamland.udd.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/19/1999 21:24:34
On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 07:49:46PM +0100, Ola Eriksson wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>
> > > The problem was when using more then 24 MB RAM. That was why the 1.3.3
> > > GENERIC kernel had a memorylimit of 24 MB.
> >
> > Uhm, but we're not talking about 1.3.3 kernels here anymore... I hope.
>
> Hopefully not, but that was where i last encounterd the memory problem.
> Today I'm using 128 MB ram with 1.4, and that works great, so I guess
> there is no more memory problems (atleast not with 22 MB), besides the
> fact that you never can get enough :-)

Actually, somehwere in the 128 MB range or beyond the original problem, or
part of it, still reappears. Not that its not "amount of physical memory",
but "kernel virtual address space needed", so having a CV64/3D (which needs
256 MB of KVA) or a Picasso IV (which needs 64 MB) can make it appear at
less memory.