Subject: Re: (xsrc) SharedXtReqs in NetBSD.cf?
To: port-amiga list <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Koch <ingolf@knuut.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/25/1999 23:12:28
On Mon, Oct 25, 1999 at 09:58:52PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> All Xt programs, since about X11R6, need to be linked against libSM and libICE.
> If you create your Makefile(s) using xmkmf, this is taken care of
> automatically.

I do not know exactly what went wrong, but after upgrading
from pre-1.4 xsrc to current xsrc, the vim would no longer
run because of undefined symbols (see original mail).

As recompiling and -installing the vim package lead to the
same error, I thought that somehow the missing symbols must
have been defined in libXt in my old X11 installation.

> How is SharedXtReqs related to this?

I looked around a bit in xc/config/cf and found that
OpenBSD.cf defines SharedXtReqs (in case of MipsArchitecture)
probably for the same reason. This definition contains
additional libraries linked into libXt.

BTW, I had no such problems on my -current sparc.

    Ingolf
--

Ingolf Koch                      Beste Kneipe in Jena-Ost
PGP: 0x7B3B5661  213C 828E 0C92 16B5  05D0 4D5B A324 EC04