Subject: Re: grey screen with PicassoIV
To: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois-Xavier?= D'Hollander <fdhollander@nordnet.fr>
From: Markus A. Regli <maaregli@access.ch>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/22/1999 12:04:10
Hallo Fran=E7ois-Xavier

On 21-Oct-99, you wrote:

> Hello Markus
> =

> Le 21-Oct-99, Markus A. Regli a =E9crit:
> =

>> Hello Fran=E7ois-Xavier
>> =

>> On 19-Oct-99, you wrote:
>> =

>>> =

>>> I try to install netbsd 1.4.1
>>> =

>>> I can't start netbsd with the Generic kernel 1.4.1. I have a grey scr=
een
>>> just after taping "loadbsd -b netbsd".
>>> =

>>> Netbsd starts correctly only if I remove my PicassoIV.
>>> =

>> =

>> Maybe it's the same thing I had a few weeks ago. The kernel gives the
>> wrong frequency, so the PIV can't show the screen. I tested a few
>> frequencies and found one, which functions good. So you first need the=

>> BinPatch Tool (on the Gateway-CD or FTP) for the AmigaOS. And in the
>> AmigaOS you start the following:
>> =

>> binpatch -s _clconsole_mode -o 82 -r 27000000 netbsd
>> =

>> at the position netbsd you have to give your whole path for the
>> netbsd-file i.e. work:bsd/netbsd or something like that.
> =

> I done this patch. but this don't solve my problem. My monitor give me
> always the same frequency (53.3 khz, 85 hz) that with the generic kerne=
l.
> =

> Can you explain how to change the frequency?

The long number 27000000 stands for the frequency, I mean the pixelclock.=
 I don't know exactly how it splits for horizontal and vertical frequenci=
es, but if you increase this number the frequencies come up and to the ot=
her direction they become smaller. =

For me the 27000000 worked good, I became around 32kHZ/63Hz.

> What conig have you?

I have an A2000/Blizzard 060 96MB RAM/ECS 1MB Chip/PicassoIV/OS 3.1/IBM &=
 Quantum HD's, ZIP-Drive/

If you have more than 32MB RAM you have to limit it by the -m option to a=
round 40MB, elswhere I had a problem too, with the booting.

Markus