Re: installing kernel

Hello Ignatios

Le 10-Oct-99, Ignatios Souvatzis a écrit:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 1999 at 07:39:19PM +0200, François-Xavier D'Hollander
> wrote:
>> I've followed the installing procedure
> which version?

ver 1.4.1

>> but, at the end, netbsd says that
>> /netbsd is not installed.
>
> What are the _exact_ words, including a few lines before?
>
>> I've extracted several times kern.tgz with the install procedure,but the
>> file netbsd is not here.
>
> Where?

Thanks to helps of Aymeric, I have seen that it was a mistake: the kernel is
on the root of my root disk. (tested by:  mount dev/sd1a +mnt   then  ls -l
/mnt)

>> So my 4000 stays on a green screen when I start BSD with "loadbsd
>> netbsd".
>
> loadbsd does not (normally) access your NetBSD root partition. It accesses
> a file called NetBSD throught the AmigaOS file system.
>
> So, whatever happened during the installation of NetBSD is NOT related to
> boot problems using loadbsd (unless you use the BFFS file system to mount
> the NetBSD partition into AmigaOS).

Always thanks to Aymeric, I know that my kernel doesn't like my Picasso IV.
Where can I find a good kernel 1.4.1??

Where can I find BFFS?

Thanks.

FX

Micronik BigTower (rev 4.0) -   Amiga 4000 (rev B)  - Kickstart v40.68
 A3640 (rev 3.1)             -   16 Mo  -   FireBall SE 4.3 Go
  Picasso IV (v 1.2)          -   GVP A4000-HC+8 Series II (rev 2)
   GVP IO/Extender (rev 6)   -     iiyama 19" Pro 45
    Epson Stylus Color      -       OLITEC SelMemory 2000