Subject: Re: 1.4.1 Generic kernel doesn't recognize Apollo SCSI ?
To: John Vrolijk <dsnjvro@dsnstar.dsn.ericsson.se>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/02/1999 17:34:02
On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 10:49:29AM +0200, John Vrolijk wrote:

> I tried to install the 1.4.1 version of Netbsd but the kernel
> doesn't see my HD on the SCSI controller located on the Apollo 4060.
> I thought it was supported ?

No, it never was.

What _is_ supported is A3000 motherboards reworked so that the A3000 internal
SCSI adapter still works with the Apollo accellerator... this is something
different.

The Apollo "controller" per se (which is rumoured to need an incredible amount
of CPU support due to only being a pair of I/O ports without intelligence) was
never supported.

Sorry to have no other answer.

If somebody knows how to write a driver for it, do so, and share with your
co-apollonians by providing it to the public.