Subject: Re: High CPU loads/crashes with Amaya and Arena Browsers
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart <b_bogart@portal.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/18/1999 18:27:02
> On Wed, Jun 16, 1999 at 09:40:09PM -0700, Ben Bogart wrote:
> > hello all,
> >
> > Anyone using eitehr the Amaya or Arena browsers? When i run either of them for
> I don't, but even people who do, wold want to know:
>
> what OS version?
> what version of the browsers?
> what sort of X server on what graphics device?
>
> > any amount of time, or am running some other applications the CPU load will
> > skyrocket (up to 7.0+) and then the system frezzes solid... Anyone else have
> > this problem? could it just be too much load on my 16MB 68030? or could it be
> > a problem with the libwww libraries that they both share?
>
> could be all sort of things.
>
> E.g., to find out WHAT is causing the problems, you could run a "systat pigs"
> in an xterm window and find out which process(es) chew up the cpu time..
>
> Regards,
> 	Ignatios

Alright I guess my signature failed...
NetBSD 1.3.2, Standard X server on Spectrum Card. Amaya 2.0a and 1.4a both
cause crashes, but with 2.0a The Amaya process starts, the CPU time climbs and
then at about 15s it comes back down and sits in the background, the GUI never
comes up. on 1.4a the cpu usage slowly slimbs and then ethe system freezes.
and its the Amaya process that sucks up the time and crashes the system. Same
happens with Arena 0.3.61

Thank you.

--
Ben Bogart
NetBSD 1.3.2, Custom Kernel, Amiga 3000, 24MB Ram, 2.1GB HD, EGS Spectrum Card.