Subject: Problems with /dev/grf3 and X...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Stanislaw Szczygiel <stanislaw_szczygiel@bptnet.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/25/1999 14:30:00
Bo Najdrovsky wrote:
OK, I tried this, and the X server did not crash when I ran it
explicityly on
/dev/grf3,  however, the screen is unusable, filled with a sort of a dot
pattern,
which fills the whole screen, and the hardware cursor  is corrupted.
Looks like
grf3 interface might have some serious issues, or perhaps something's
wrong with the
Xamiga server?.  I'm using the exact same grfconfig file that I was
using with 1.3.2
where everything was fine.

I have exactly the same situation, after instaling NetBSD 1.4 from the
beggininig. With 1.3.2 I had no problems with my Picasso IV... My comp
is a4000 + CyberStorm 60/180 , 56MB ram... Anybody has some idea what
can be wrong?

Stanley