Subject: Re: NetBSD partitions with CSPPC-SCSI
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 05/23/1999 11:23:14
 On Sat, 22 May 1999 22:01:14 +0200 Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> On Sat, May 22, 1999 at 05:27:36PM +0200, Frank Wille wrote:
> >
> > Now I tried to create some NetBSD partitions on a UW-disk, but I
> > failed. Whenever I select "Custom File System" for a partition
>
> what tool do you use for creating those partitions? what disk do you
> have?

HDToolBox or P5-scsiconfig. It's an IBM DDRS-34560W.

> > the system crashes when trying to boot. The only thing I could do was

(when booting AmigaOS, of course)

> > Selecting another file system like SFS or UNI\01 works, only "Custom
> > File System" causes a crash.
>
> Hm. did you have "automount" enabled? My guess is: disable it.

Good guess. Yes, it cures the problem. Thanks a lot!

But I never had to disable automount for NetBSD partitions on A3k
SCSI devices. I assume it's a bug in the cybppc.device...

--
   _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
_ //  http://home.owl.de/~frank/