Re: 1.4.0 and NCR SCSI bug?

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 03:01:55PM +0200, Richard Koerber wrote:
> The bug caused a "Phase Error" while booting, when a ZIP drive
> was connected to the SCSI bus. I'm quite tired of disconnecting
> my ZIP drive all the time when I want to use NetBSD, and I don't
> want to do an update to 1.4.0 if this bug is not yet fixed.

In private mail, Richard clarified that he was talking about the
NCR 53c9x / FAS2x6 -  driver.

Yes, this bug has always been fixed in the -current tree shortly after the
NetBSD-1.3.1 release, but for some reason* it never was included in 1.3.2.

Anyway, as this was fixed on the main tree, from which 1.4 was branched, it
should also be ok in 1.4.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis

*) it was a generic error, not Amiga specific, so somebody else did the fix
   but it only did show up on Amiga at that time, so maybe this was the
   reason he forgot to request pullup of this to the release branch.