Re: Tseng and Picasso videomodes

> Picasso, Piccolo, Spectrum:
>
> binpatch -s _clconsole_mode -o 82 netbsd      (should be 25200000)
> binpatch -s _clconsole_mode -o 82 -r 253000000 netbsd
>
> then boot that new kernel. If your monitor can use a wide area of sync
> frequencies, you can try still higher values.
>
> The values in the original kernels are for    31500 Hz/60.35 Hz (Picasso)
> The values in the original kernels are for    31250 Hz/59.95 Hz (Tseng/CV)
> The proposed pixelclock yields                        31625 Hz/60.58 Hz.
>

> I have prepared kernels with the changed value at
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/amiga/misc/netbsd-fasterconsole

 I have tried both the 1.4_BETA distribution kernel, and the
 netbsd-fasterconsole kernel, both without success :(
 I have prepared a miniroot installation and then use loadbsd -b <kernel>.
 After the kernel is loaded, the screen turns grey, with an up to +/- 5cm
 wide black frame, then when the kernel boots (I assume) the console
 switches to garble mode.

 Would it be possible to supply me with an AmigaOS binary of
 binpatch and some good instructions?