Re: A3k Problem with 1.3.2

On Wed, May 05, 1999 at 10:03:36AM +0300, Juha Sievi-Korte wrote:
>       So i'm trying to install NetBSD to "bare" A3000 with 030/16 + 12 MB
> pagemode RAM. Problem is, that kernel doesn't boot at all... I've tried
> with loadbsd and bootblocks.. All i got is just a clear grey screen..
> Could this be HW problem, since burst cache cannot be enabled without
> Static Column Mode Zipps?.. I tried to boot w/o Cpu Caches, but no
> effect..

Is this a really bare machine?
Is your SCSIBUS termination correct?
["Does work with AmigaOS" doesn't really count... you have to _check_]
Is this a real 68030, or the 68EC030?
Else I can't think of any specific problem you could have right now.

What are the messages loadbsd (-t) and the bootblock print?

I suggest that you
- try the NetBSD-1.4_BETA
- show us your CPU and showconfig output.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis