Subject: Re: ext2fs partitions on Amiga
To: Lars Hecking <lhecking@nmrc.ucc.ie>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/28/1999 22:37:36
On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 10:20:25PM +0200, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> >   0x4C4E5800 (LNX\0) - for Linux native partitions (ie. ext2).
>
> what others? does it mark minix the same way?
>
> >   0x53575000 (SWP\0) - for swap space.
> You know what? as adding any partition to the recognized set will shift
> BSD partition letters,

This is wrong, as it turns out, with the possible exception of swap partitions.

(Just read the code again, then did an experiment with the MO).

Ignoring them for now, it is save to add normal partitoins.. they will just
gain a type name, but wont shift around other partitions.

So I guess I'll do the change and request addition to the 1.4 branch.

Regards,
	Ignatios