Subject: /etc/ppp/ip-up script file
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart <b_bogart@portal.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/27/1999 18:27:35
Help! I am using PAP authentication for a standard ppp connection using pppd
and the /etc/ppp/ip-up script it never executed... I've read and reread the
man pages but cannot figure out why the ip-up script is not executed.

i will attach some of my config files to aid in trouble shooting.

PATH=$PATH:/usr/sbin:/sbin
export PATH

/etc/ppp/ip-up:

/bin/echo "PPP connection with Portal established." > /dev/console
echo "hello" > /home/bbogart/ppp_execute

/etc/ppp/options:

debug
ipcp-accept-local
ipcp-accept-remote
tty00 19200 crtscts
#persist
holdoff 5
lock
asyncmap 0
mru 1500
mtu 1500
defaultroute
name b_bogart
remotename portal
user b_bogart
connect '/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/ppp/connect.portal'

If any other files are needed please let me know i and i will send them.

Thanks for your time.

--
Ben Bogart
NetBSD 1.3.2, Custom Kernel, Amiga 3000, 24MB Ram, 2.1GB HD, EGS Spectrum Card.