Subject: X-Server locks machine after launching
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/26/1999 12:14:04
Hi,

I installed the first 1.4_BETA-snapshot on my Amiga 4000, which ran
extraordinarily smooth, compared to the i386 upgrade, congratulations
on that!

I have, however, a severe problem with X11:

The X server locks the machine as soon as it is started and has opened
a view on the graphics board. This happens with all resolutions and
color depths, the machine is abolutely dead, it cannot even be pinged
anymore.

This is my configuration:

  Amiga 4000, 2MB Chip RAM, WarpEngine MC68040/40 with 96 MB,
  CyberVision 64 with 4MB, Ariadne (I), MultiFaceCard III, Toccata.

I tried to start the Xserver in various different ways, directly as
root, via xdm, via startx as an ordinary user, etc ...

I do not follow the PR database on a regular basis, is there already a
PR on this or is there somthing obvious I have missed?

Regards,

	Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker