Re: Gateway

On 12.04.99, 13:31:55, Markus Illenseer wrote:
[Gateway! CD-ROM?]

>  Yes, I am preparing a new issue. This release though, will no longer
> support the Amiga such as in the previous releases: No live filesystem
> and probably no Amiga-dedicated directory with additional stuff.
> The former is no problem, was only a goodie anyway. The later is
> compensable using the internet.

But it will still include the Amiga binary distribution and the AmigaOS
installation utitilies?

(Most of the goodies can be built using the pkgsrc system anyway,
just takes some days on slower machines)

>  The reason for that is quite simple: I don't have any Amiga on which I
> could test the distribution and installation procedure. Also, I moreover
> decided to give other architectures a chance, such as Alpha and Sparc,
> and support them better than before.

Probably not an easy decision, but seems like a logical choice.

Regards,

        Bernd