Subject: Sendmail, smtp, email and dialup
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Ben Bogart <b_bogart@shell.portal.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/11/1999 22:06:52
Hello,
I am attempting to get email access on my NetBSD Amiga and am having troubles.
I am currently using xfmail to read my mail, I do this by starting a ppp connection with pppd and using the proper pop3 server name in the xfmail preferences.
I have been able to get email from the server, but sending it is another matter.
I have the proper smtp server in the xfmail perferences but i get a messsage saying smtp, invalid domainname. and it does not send. the port for the smtp
server that I am using is 25. I can't see anything really wrong with my config, expect perhaps that its trying to use a local smtp server as apposed to the
ISPs. If possible i would like to configure sendmail to use the ISPs smtp server
when i am connected to the internet.

I am also looking at using Fetchmail to relay my ISP email to the local daemon.
any thoughts on using this method?

Thank you!

Ben Bogart
A3K, NetBSD1.3.2, Generic Kernel, 24MB RAM, 2.1GB HD, EGS-Spectrum.