Subject: Big hard drives
To: Port Amiga <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/09/1999 12:41:00
Hi everyone.

Does anyone know the exact specifications of the (in)famous 4GB hard drive
limit?

AFAIK it is the matter of the number of addressable blocks but what are the
_exact_ limits? Drive size? Partitions size?

Why do I ask here? Since I've heard that NetBSD has no problems accessing the
drives above the limits, I want to use All the HDD space that can be accessed
from AmigaOS - for AmigaOS and all that is above the limits for NetBSD.

Could someone confirm or deny if I am right thinking this way? And give me
clues about the exact limits or at least what exactly causes them so I could
calculate them myself.

Thanks in advance.

--
      / /