Subject: Re: Boot Block
To: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/09/1999 08:26:10
On Fri, Apr 09, 1999 at 01:57:57AM -0800, B. Bogart wrote:
> hello, My netbsd root partition does not boot when i try to boot it with the
> AmigaOS bootmenu, ROM2.1. I did have to do a manual install in the first place
> so perhaps i did not install a boot block? how can this be done inside netbsd?

df / 			# to find out what your root disk is)
shutdown now 		# to single user mode)
/usr/mdec/installboot /usr/mdec/xxboot /dev/rWHATYOURROOTDISKIS

oh yes, and you need to use some rdb editing tools to set your root partition
to:

- bootable
- 16 boot blocks

The latter is missing from the boot(8) man page; I guess I should add it in so
that it will be there in 1.4.

Regards,
	Ignatios