Subject: RE: Mozilla
To: None <bbogart@iname.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@msu.oscs.montana.edu>
List: port-amiga
Date: 04/07/1999 13:05:08
"B. Bogart" <bbogart@iname.com> writes:
> hello I have downloaded the most recent tarball for mozilla and am having
> trouble getting it to work. I've used pkg_add to add it and it works fine
> without errors. when i try and run it I get errors talking about an inability
> to draw the netscape screen, I've lost the eaxt output but it seems to me its
> missing some widgets, or trying to use screen drawing commands that don't
> work? anyone else had any luck with mozilla on amiga? Also how can i test my
> amiga audio through netbsd?

  I don't know which version of mozilla the "most recent tarball" contains - I'm
running the latest version that's in the NetBSD packages [which dates back to October,
I think].  I built my mozilla from the sources on a relatively "-current" at the time.
My moziila runs fairly well - it segfaults in certain cases, and the URL text window
doesn't work [which was a restriction in that particular release of mozilla].  It's
better than nothing, and is somewhat useful for me.  This is also running on an A4000
using a 832x600 window.

  I'm not certain about previous releases of NetBSD, but -current has /dev/audio0
and /dev/sound0, which will play sounds when the right data is written to them and
the audio device is correctly configured.  [I've been able to use audioctl to set
the appropriate rate and data type, and just copying an IFF sound file to /dev/sound0
will play that sound (with a few extra noises for the non-audio parts of the file).]

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA