Subject: Re: DCF 77 clock
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Boehnisch <billy@psycho.uni-paderborn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/31/1999 14:10:42
Hi!

Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 1999 at 02:03:21PM +0200, Michael Boehnisch wrote:
[..]
>> - the serial port needs to be configurable to a
>>     transfer speed of 10 bit/second (!) for the one model
>>      I know.  I am not sure if this settable on Amiga computers
>>      at all.
>
> In the xntp distribution there is a different recipe:
>
>- set the port to 110 bps
>- depending on wether the bit is short or long, you'll get two different
>ASCII characters.

Somehow this makes me shudder... Sampling a low frequency signal using
the RS232 serial protocol - this should actually work but leaves the
feeling of an evil hack --- a nice one, though :-)

Anyway, I just uploaded my DCF77 receiver program/source/docs to
Aminet, should be available in util/time soon.  NetBSD/Amiga source
is included.

Regards,

    Michael Böhnisch