Subject: pthreads...
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: ali (Anders Lindgren) <dat94ali@ludat.lth.se>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/22/1999 12:28:35
...Noticed that posix threads (the mit POSIX-threads package)
doesn't work under port-amiga. This was a bit sad since I,
uh, need a POSIX threads-library. :-) Just wondering if the
amiga-specifics are in the works, or - the worst case (since
I don't know jack about m68k-assembly and the missing parts
seems to be mach-dep assembly snippets) what would be required
of me (if I find someone who'll give me a crash-course in m68020+
asm :-) ) to do the porting; would it be hard? (I presume the
assembly parts are the implementation of thread context-saving/restoring
and semaphore mutual exclusion?)

I've written a (tiny, SIMPLE) threads-library for solaris before,
so I've got a fairly good idea of what it's all about, it's just
that I hate assembly and never saw any m68k asm...

Anyone know?

regards,
/ali: Computer Science Major and aspiring cartoonist. :-)
(dept) dat94ali@ludat.lth.se - http:// www.ludat.lth.se/~dat94ali
* a4ooo/o4o/18Mb/1,5Gb/OS3.o/Ariadne/Picasso2+ - cogito, amiga sum *