Re: CS Mk III SCSI

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as you might already have seen on the WWW page, we have a basic
> driver for the Cyberstorm Mk. 3 / Cyberstorm PPC SCSI host adapter, written
> by Michael Hitch.

Yes! Now I just have to try this! I just ordered a UW-disk today.

> Currently, only FAST (not Ultra) speeds, and only narrow transfers are
> done by the code. Especially, only targets 0-6 are seen (8-15 are invisible,
> and 7 is the host adapter).

Hmm.. no wide transfers? Is it able to do narrow transfers to a wide
device?

> try it after your next sup scan, and report bugs via send-pr. As always,
> if you burn your hardware, its your problem, so be sure to have backups of
> all affected disks.

 brand new disk, nothing to waste on it. Except for the disk itself?

Still no sights of a driver for the CVPPC? If I know the base adress of
the chip or the display memory, what more do I need to do a frame buffer
driver? ECS isn't fun to work with. :(

---
/Pållen - http://www.astrakan.hig.se/~pollen
          026-659337 Mumindalen BBS