Subject: Optimized Kernel and multiple screens.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: B. Bogart <bbogart@iname.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/09/1999 17:27:07
Hello,
I have an Amiga 3000 with 16MB RAM, 2.1GB HD, EGS-Spectrum Card, 14.4kbps
Modem.
I would like to know how and what i should to to optimize the kernel (compile
a cutom kernel) for my system. I am not sure what would make the kernel faster
and smaller that i do not need on my system. I am also not clear on how to
compile the cutomized kernel. I have already downloaded the sys source.

My second question is about a second screen on my display for X. As in two
screens (grf3 and grf0) on the same display (one keyboard and one mouse) I did
read something in as book about there being that possibilty but did not go
into details. how would it work? would you need two win managers running at
the same time? could i use the grf0 screen as the a and the other as display?
they would obviously need different grfconfig settings and such...

thank you for your time.
Ben Bogart