Subject: Re: PPP with ASDG serial card
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Kent Polk <kent@tiamat.goathill.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/04/1999 05:54:07
On 3 Mar 1999 17:25:00 -0600, Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> wrote:

>> > Excuse my ignorance. What _is_ the ASDG serial card? (e.g., if on the ZBUS,
>> > manufacturer and product id).
>> Here's the info:
>>
>> Twin X Dual Serial Board
>> Manufactured by ASDG
>> Zorro II
>> Prod=1023/255($3FF/$FF)
>
>this manufacturer id sounds... fishy...

The ASDG TwinX boards were one of the very first ZII boards built
for the Amiga. The TwinX boards contained daughterboard sockets
for two of the (then) commonly available Intel iSBX I/O daughterboards.
ASDG also developed an iSBX GPIB interface for the boards and later
made a custom GPIB board.  I think I still have one or two examples
of each. Ty Sarna, James Jackson and I wrote several Amiga I/O
device drivers for these boards. Didn't write any serial port
drivers though.

Kent