Re: amiga console vs. vt220 graphics characters

Hi!

>Is there a trick to making the Amiga NetBSD console display the line drawing
>graphics characters?  I'm using Midnight Commander on my A3000 and it displays
>letters in place of the graphics characters.  For my application, TERM=vt220.
>I'm hoping that there's a magical, new termcap entry for the Amiga console
>that will display the graphics characters the right way.  I'm getting by with
>'mc -a' but it's not as nice as I'd like it to be.

AFAIK, There are no graphics characters for the console.  It's an ISO
Latin-1 character set with european special letters in the places where
DOS-PC's used to have 'em.  You have to create your own character set and
compile it into the kernel if you really need line drawing in the console.

Just my $.02,

   Michael B"ohnisch