Re: Colors and virtual terminals.

On 19 Nov 1998, Christian E. Hopps wrote:

> > How do i change the colors on the local terminal?
> > And is it possible to run virtal terminals on netbsd/amiga
> > computers? Like done on pc's with linux.
>
> As pointed out previously use screen for virtual console like
> behavoir.  For colors, man iteconfig.

I'v been using screen for quite some time now, and like it alot,
but some virtual tty's wouldn't hurt either!! :)
But that wasn't why I replyed. The reason is that I have some
problems with the iteconfig command, i'v read the manual for
it, and there is nothing there that seems unclear, but I still
can't configurate the colors of my terminal.

I use an Picasso II+ gfx card in my netbsd box, but when i run
the iteconfig -f/dev/ttye3 (that would be the device for the Picasso
card) it just tells me:

root@ddl$ iteconfig -f/dev/ttye3
iteconfig: ioctl: Inappropriate ioctl for device
root@ddl$

How do i fix this?  I can run it for the AGA console, with iteconfig
-f/dev/ttye0, and that works just fine.  How do i get this working?

Thanks in advance!

With Regards,
//Ola Eriksson   --    arctic%hetpost.ml.org@localhost