Subject: Re: Capturing the CTRL-A-A
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kolbj=F8rn_Barmen?= <kolla@nvg.org>
From: Ola Eriksson <email@hetpost.ml.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/16/1998 23:53:47
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Kolbj=F8rn Barmen wrote:

> > I was afraid of this..  But on other hand, if i'm not misstaking, there
> > was an old program for amigaos, that prompted the user for a password
> > before an reset could be done..  But i might be remembering wrong, sinc=
> > this was on the old A500 times..
>=20
> You must be mistaken, unless this thingy was also a hardware hack :)
> The reset line can ofcourse be cut, iirc it's a matter of clipping off
> one of the legs on one of the CIA (8520).=20
>=20
> That ofcourse, is always a solution, search hard/hack on aminet :)

Ok, so a hardware hack is the only way to do this then,,. And I really
HAVE to do it, since i have two amigas, and one is dedicated to be an
NetBSD server, that shouldn't go down, it's quite iritating when I
press the CTRL-A-A on the wrong keyboard!! :(  And i'v got an reset
button on my Tower case, so to get ride of the CTRL-A-A reset would
just be a relife.

But would there be any problems with any kernel stuff if i cut the
reset line in the computer? The keyboard will still tell the computer
that the reset combination was pressed, won't it? Will the computer
continue to work anyway?

//Ola Eriksson