Subject: Re: Capturing the CTRL-A-A
To: Ola Eriksson <email@hetpost.ml.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Kolbj=F8rn_Barmen?= <kolla@nvg.org>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/16/1998 22:12:39
On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Ola Eriksson wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 1998, Dante Profeta wrote:
>
> > No, it is not possible to disable hard-reset because it is handled
> > directly by the hardware.
> > On some Amiga is however possible to catch the reset-warning to finish
> > up any pending operations. I think this is the way disk syncing is
> > handled... there is a limited amount of time for the syncing opeartion
> > to be performed: the system will be reset anyway.
>
> I was afraid of this..  But on other hand, if i'm not misstaking, there
> was an old program for amigaos, that prompted the user for a password
> before an reset could be done..  But i might be remembering wrong, since
> this was on the old A500 times..

You must be mistaken, unless this thingy was also a hardware hack :)
The reset line can ofcourse be cut, iirc it's a matter of clipping off
one of the legs on one of the CIA (8520).

That ofcourse, is always a solution, search hard/hack on aminet :)

(adt -f "hard/hack key")

As a side note, a person here at the computerclub once made a point of how
silly he thought the amiga keyboard reset thingy was, as anyone could just
press the magic three, and caboom... a friend of mine replyed by walking
up to the persons computer, some Sun box, and put his finger on the
powerbutton... "Gee... wonder what this one does!"

;)

 Kolbjørn Barmen |   a3k/o6o/6o4e/AmigaOS/MacOS/Linux-PPC    |    // T e a m
 <kolla@nvg.org> | a12ooCT/o3o/Linux-m68k   a6oo/o3o/AmigaOS | \XX/ A M I G A
 Nettverksgruppa |     "I met the Amiga and fell in love..." | <amiga.nvg.org>