Subject: Re: Compiling a kernel for 68060
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/10/1998 18:53:04
On 10.11.98, 01:47:08, Anders Skargren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> am probably missing something. When I boot the new kernel it does not
> recognize the 68060 but thinks it's a 040 and then panics after a while. I
> refetched the kernel sources after the first time with no avail, tried
> some compiler flags second time, etc (don't remember, it was a while ago).
>
> Even if I just copy the generic config and compile that it fails to boot.
> The kernel thinks the 060 is a 040:
> ---
> Sep  9 13:16:20 f190 /netbsd: NetBSD 1.3.2 (amelia060) #0: Mon Sep  7 03:14:12 CEST 1998
> Sep  9 13:16:20 f190 /netbsd:haze@f190:/usr/local/src/sys/arch/amiga/compile/amelia060
> Sep  9 13:16:20 f190 /netbsd: Amiga 500/2000 (m68040 CPU/MMU/FPU)

You _must_ have these two options enabled in your kernel config file:

options 	M68060		# support for 060
options 	M060SP		# MC68060 software support (Required for 060)

Other than that I could not think of anything. Don't try some compiler
flags of your own, those are more likely to break the kernel than
enhance it, if you're not absolutely sure of what you're doing.

If you only copied the GENERIC file to a config file that existed
before, "make clean" in the compile directory (after doing "config
amelia060"), before making "depend" and "netbsd". It's generally a
good idea to clean all the object files when you changed some global
options.

--
Bernd Sieker