Re: Modem Problems

On 31-Oct-98, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> "cu" or "tip". Read the man pages, please. You might need to use
> /dev/ttyM0 for changing the modem settings (doenst wait for carrier).
>
> Regads,
> -is

Hello again,
I have been looking at the man pages for tip and remote and am still not
getting anywhere, i am using the command: :dv=/dev/tty00: for the /etc/remote
and when i run tip it says:

Cannot open /dev/tty00 invalid permissions (or something to that effect)
link down

I cannot find any info on the /dev/ttyM0 device.. please help!

Ben

A3000, NetBSD1.32 GENERIC, EGS Spectrum, 12MB RAM