Subject: Re: Recommended window and file manager?
To: Port Amiga <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: Patryk =?iso-8859-2?Q?=A3ogiewa?= <silverdr@inet.com.pl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/27/1998 21:45:39
Napisane 27-Wrz-98 przez: Gerard Cornu...
>Hello!

>I would like to know which is (are) the most used,
>and useful, window manager for NetBSD Amiga with X11R6?.

It depends on your personal taste and needs. I personally use fvwm2 that lies
somewhere between total obscurity (standard twm) and total fireworks
(enlightenment with some themes) it depends simply what you are looking for
when running X. I'd recommend trying out also AfterStep and some others and
make your personal choice. When checking out remember that most of them can be
heavily reconfigured with their config options.

>Same question as regard to a file manager.

You may give a try to xfm, moxfm, linuxcommander and some others. Still don't
expect anything like dopus magellan yet... IMHO learning to use effectively
some basic UN*X commands will do the job better for now.

--
      / /
     / /