Subject: PR# 5087. It won't die.
To: None <port-amiga@netbsd.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/25/1998 19:33:34
Add me to the list of folks bitten by this one.

What confuses me is how chopps' GENERIC install kernel runs just fine.
It's only when I config, build and boot my own kernel that the console
'submarines'.  It's such an odd problem that I thought it was me,
something buried in iteconfig or grfconfig, until I found the PR,
generated for 1.3, at
http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=5087 .

In spite of the suggestion that it was fixed in 1.3.1, this is a 1.3.2
kernel generated from scratch, after a fresh install from the official
CD (thanks Herb, et.al.!).  This PR should reopen, but I really need
some feedback on this one.  Why does the GENERIC kernel work?  Did
chopps work from a slightly different source tree than what ended up in
the 1.3.2 sources?

Config:  A3K, WarpEngine (40/40, 32M), Picasso II (2 megs, 45ns), 50
megs RAM total (NetBSD only sees the Warp Engine's 32 megs, total).
dmesg is otherwise identical to the PR, except that I've  tried
(desperately) compiling without grfcc support at all, only grfcl.

David Hopper
Global Event Services, Inc.